Saturday, October 17, 2009

Luckomania

Story1

On a lazy Saturday, I and my roommate after having breakfast tried our luck to see a movie. Drove to a new multiplex close by, Bolloywood E-square (it plays only hindi movies). We were there half an hour before the scheduled movie time. Movie was LUCK (movie title) and we could get a ticket for a price of 40 bucks. This multi-plex is new one and is on the out skirts of the city, so the price was lower. Lowest I ever managed to, that too on weekends. Generally in pune for a regular multiplex the ticket price will be close to 150 bucks on weekends. Reason for picking this movie LUCK was only for Shruti Haasan. Movie was pretty pathetic except the fact to see Shruti in few scenes.


Story2

On another occasion on my way to my room from office (on my bike), there is a railway gate that is to be crossed. Generally as we get close to the railway gate, on hearing the alarm of the closing gate every one try to accelerate the speed of their vehicles. This is an attempt to cross the railway line as the gates are about to close. This is a kind of test of how bad luck one is. Like if any one standing first in front of the gate, the one who see the gate panning in front of him can be considered as unlucky.

This time as I was reaching the gate heard the alarm of closing gate; I got an idea to test my luck. I totally decelerated my bike speed to go as slow as possible to give a chance for the gates to pan in front of me. Just then a goods carrier passes me and crosses the gate and the gate keeper has to wait for it to cross the line. So I got enough time to cross the gate as this goods carrier was too slow cross the railway track. I call this the LUCK test

No comments: